This is another installment of “I find cool stuff and share it with you” – cause I’m cool like that.
Recently my friend Trevor Mauch sent a message over to a mastermind group we’re both in with a link to create your own YouTube “search story”. It’s a fascinating tool that can be used to create a great piece of marketing for your business or brand in all of about 5 minutes.
What is a “Search Story”?
Remember the popular “Parisian Love” commercial that ran during the 2010 Super bowl? That was the the basis for the search story campaign. YouTube & Google have now made a tool for you to to use to create your very own search story.
To get an idea of how this can be used:
Here is the video I made to help promote a new service we are rolling out called Free wordpress site.
You can see exactly how we implemented it here – www.FreeWordpressSite.com
(These 7 guidelines were provided to me by another great member of the mastermind, Dale Hensel, from Paper Assets 101 )
When creating your search story video, YouTube allows you to enter 7 search phrases that pull results from Google to create the video – so here are useful tips and guidelines.
1. Your Target market’s BIG QUESTION
2. Your target market’s REFINED QUESTION (when the big one doesn’t answer it)
3. The BIGGEST BENEFIT you can give them (if they had the answer now)
4. The next Biggest Benefit you can give them
5. EMOTIONAL HOOK (or heightened emotional state they are experiencing or seeking out)
6. Decision that you want them to make.
7. Fast forward to their dream as if it already happened
By structuring your 7 lines like this, you can walk someone through a sequence that ends with emotion, and a call to action and the benefit of doing it. For short videos that you can make, this is a huge marketing tool Google has handed us.
You can make your own search story here - http://www.youtube.com/searchstories
Go make your own video now and if you liked this post – share it!